The Shoe House, Inc. (dba AlansShoes.com, Alan's Shoes, Shoe District, Wide Wide by Alan's Shoes), hereafter referred to as Alan's Shoes, is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone while applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Alan's Shoes takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of our website. Our company management has:
- appointed an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Alan's Shoes is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not yet fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Alan's Shoes' website. Please let us know if you encounter any barriers:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal address: Alan's Shoes, Attn: Website Accessibility, PO Box 37230 Tucson, Arizona 85740-7230
- On social media; Facebook AlansShoesHQ, Twitter @alansshoes
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 5 business days, and to propose a solution within 10 business days. You are entitled to escalate a complaint to Alan's Shoes management, should you be dissatisfied with our response to you.
Accessibility of Alan's Shoes relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Alan's Shoes, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Alan's Shoes:
- Accessibility test results: We test our website regularly; manually for best practices and automatically through web-based tools. Some parts of our site may be in revision to address known issues.
- Product images: Images of products are only used for decorative purposes therefore uploaded images may not have text alternatives. Our product pages contain text-based descriptions of products as made available to us by brand manufacturers.
- Third-party videos: Videos provided to us by brands or embedded/linked to from external websites may not include accessibility features, such as captions, a transcript, and/or audio descriptions. We cannot control third-party content, however we do alert our brand contacts to any addressable issues.
- Comments from users: We cannot ensure the quality of contributions from users, for example, in product reviews submitted through our website. We monitor user comments and typically repair issues within 5 business days. Please submit a comment if you encounter an issue.
Alan's Shoes assessed the accessibility of its website by the following approaches:
- Self-evaluation, which may include comparisons of our website to shoe industry websites
- External evaluation, for example, test of website accessibility online at Web Accessibility by Level Access.
No method of assessment can help maintain website accessibility and compliance 100% of the time. However, Alan's Shoes values and respects its customers. This means, we instruct our web development team to stay alert to emerging guidelines, principles, and technologies, and continually endeavor to bring our website into compliance regularly.
This statement was created on 01 April 2020 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.